CARE & MAINTENANCE
Care & Maintenance
Unlike other surfacing materials, Hanex® Solid Surfaces is non-porous and features full dimentional coloring. This allows HANEX® to be easily polished, removing any surface damage such as scratches, allowing you to restore the surface to its original condition.
Wipe clean with a damp cloth or sponge soaked in water. For basic stains, clean with mild detergents or general all purpose cleaners.
Periodically go over entire surface with a mild abrasive cleanser or wet blue Scotch Brite™ pad to maintain a uniform appearance.
The innate feature of HANEX® gives it excellent heat resistant properties compared to other surfacing materials in the market. However, placing hot pans or heat-generating appliances directly on HANEX® may cause damages to your countertop. Avoid direct and indirect heat reaching temperatures of 80°C(170°F) or above. Always use pad or trivets with rubber feet when placing hot items on the work surface.
Avoid contact with strong chemicals that can cause damage to the surface such as oven cleaners, acetone, paint removers and other strong chemicals. If exposed, promptly flush with water. Remember, prolonged contact with harsh chemicals can cause serious damage to your the work surface.
Simple steps to avoid damage:
- Avoid cutting directly on HANEX®, always use a cutting board.
- Never place hot pans directly on the worksurface. Even though HANEX® can withstand high temperatures, prolonged periods or extreme heat could cause permanent damage.
- Strong acids, such as those found in drain cleaners should be flushed with water immediately. Some of these items, when left on surface may cause whitening,which can be difficult to remove.
Removing Persistent Stains
- To remove persistent stains, cigarette burns or scratches, scrub the stained area with a mild abrasive cleanser using blue Scotch Brite™ pad.
- Light scratches can be eliminated by carefully sanding down the damaged area with a 120 grit sandpaper, followed by a 220 grit, finishing with a 320 grit sandpaper. Finish lightly rubbing the surface with a wet, blue Scotch Brite™ pad in a circular motion to restore the finish. Note : Different methods can be used depending on the finish.
- For deep scratches and/or other damages which may require an expert repair, please contact your authorized HANEX® repair agent or certified HANEX® fabricator.