Hyundai L&C History
Hyundai L&C that protects the values of humanity and the environment strives to improve the quality of life in all aspects of human society and participates actively to preserve the environment. A high-tech material company with expertise gathered after many years of experience and achieved through ceaseless challenges. Hyundai L&C provides differentiated high-quality materials that exude creativity and passion.
- 2015.08 Establishment of Hyundai L&C Europe GmbH
- 2014.07 Establishment of Hyundai L&C Building Materials Division
- 2012.12 Showroom Renewal
- 2011.02 User & Customer Panel ‘ELEN’ Initiated
- 2010.10 Opened the Khan Stone exhibition hall
- 2009.10 Completed the Czech automotive parts plant
08 Completed the ‘Khan Stone’ Canada Plant
- 2008.08 Expanded the Alabama Plant
07 Opened Bugang Plant #3
01 Built an overseas production base in Ontario, Canada
- 2007.12 Founded Hyundai L&C Czech s.r.o., a Czech affiliate
12 Founded Hyundai L&C Canada lnc., a Canadian affiliate
11 Acquired US-based Azdel (world’s No. 1 light-weight GMT manufacturer)
10 Changed name and CI from Hanwha Chemical to Hyundai L&C
01 Announced a New CI
- 2005.07 Founded Hyundai L&C (Shanghai) Plastics Co., Ltd., a Chinese automotive parts maker
06 The ‘TPU Power for automotive instrument panels’ acquired KT certification from the Ministry of Science and Technology
06 Artificial marble ‘Hanex’ acquired NSF (National Sanitation Foundation) 51 certification
03 Founded Maxforma Plastics, a North American automotive parts maker
01 Artificial marble ‘Hanex’ acquired environment-friendly construction material certification from the Korea Air Cleaning Association
- 2004.06 Acquired the Green Mark(indoor flooring materials)
05 Held Plant completion ceremony for Hyundai L&C Plastics Co., Ltd.
03 Launched ‘Sky,’ a balcony window for high-rise apartments
- 2003.12 Held opening ceremony for the automotive parts Plant in China and began production
09 Entered into an agreement for introduction of Engineered Stone technology/equipment
07 Won the Hit Product Award in the flooring material category in the1st half of 2003
04 Declared commitment to ethical management
- 2002.11 Won the financial management award (Korea Financial Management Association)
05 Received a Presidential commendation in the large corporation category on Invention Day
01 Built the ABM SYSTEM, and acquired K-OHSMS 18001 certification (Jinhae Plant)
- 2001.11 Designated as an environment-friendly corporation (Bugang Plant), and acquired KOSHA 2000 certification (Bugang Plant)
09 Expanded the Window Profile extruder, and acquired QS 9000 certification
04 2nd expansion of the artificial marble production facilities
01 Built the ERP SYSTEM
- 1999.07 Spun off from Hanwha Chemical Corporation.
- 1994.11 Acquired ISO 9001 certification
10 Renamed as Hyundai L&C
03 Completed the Yeocheon Ammonium Chloride Plant
- 1991.10 Completed the emerald production facilities at the Bugang Plant
10 Installed the T-DIE extruder at the Jinhae Plant
- 1988.12 Completed the Bugang Plant rigid SHEET production facilities
06 Founded Hanyang Materials Corp., a joint venture with Belgium-based SOLVAY Group
05 Merged Hanyang Chemical Corp. and Korea Plastics Industry Corp.
- 1986.05 Completed the Bugang Plant PVC windows & doors production facilities
- 1984.04 Completed the Bugang Plant PVC tile production facilities
01 Merged Hanyang Chemical Corp., Hanwha Chemical and Han Yang Chemical Holding Co., Ltd.
- 1981.06 Completed the Jinhae Plant Goldleum production facilities
- 1972.12 Founded Korea Plastics Industry Corp.
- 1968.12 Founded Korea Plastics Industry Corp.
- 1966.11 Completed the Bugang PVC Factory
- 1965.08 Founded Korea Hwasung Plant (now Hyundai L&C and Hanwha Chemical Corporation)